Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FINALLY, a new post...

So, remember at the very beginning of this blog when I said that I would be writing on it everyday? Yeah, well, I lied. For the past 22 days of NOT writing on my blog, I was actually...LIVING!! I went on play dates with my daughter, took her swimming with my husband, and truly enjoyed being a mother who can stay at home, and focus on raising my beautiful, sweet daughter. So, after all of these great days of being with my family and not documenting about it online, I decided to write an entry about a few things that I am grateful for in my life. So, for those of you that are reading this, I hope that you're not bored and can be inspired to write down the great reasons as to why your life is awesome.
#1: My Family-
I have the best husband and daughter in the entire world. When we're all together, my husband and I have a great time watching our little girl's personality coming out in such entertaining ways. Being with these two, I am finally seeing why God's plan for a family is such a wonderful blessing, and completely necessary to move through the ups and downs of this life.
#2: My Health-
The best/worst thing for me is having access to Facebook. I love to hear about the good news of friends and families, but it breaks my heart when I read about the sad things that my friends and other close ones go through. I have so many friends that are fighting for their lives with poor health on a daily basis, and death seems to be on the doorstep of others. Having lost many loved ones at a young age myself, I am very familiar with the how it feels to be staring mortality in the face. Even though I have had my own share of health issues, I am grateful for the ones that have not found me, and my family. I am grateful that my daughter and husband are also healthy, so that we can enjoy the best things in life.
#3: My Testimony-
I can still recall with perfect clarity how I felt when I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true the first time I read it all of the way through. It was during my first summer in Switzerland, and I can still remember how it felt when the Spirit told me that it was true. Since that moment, my testimony has been tested and strengthened throughout the many different experiences that I have had in my life. And if my life were to end today, I am happy to say that every experience that I have had, I look back now and realize that it was for my own good, regardless of what happened. Now, when I go through a new challenge or difficulty, I know that I won't feel that grateful, but I do realize now that at some point afterwards, I will look back and realize that things that happen in this life, whether good or bad, are exactly what I need to make me who I am.
In short, I am happy that I'm me, even though I could lose more weight, finish a project, or get a book published, I find fulfillment in the things that are good in life, and in me, and I hope that you realize the same with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment