Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference Weekend 2012

This past weekend was MARVELOUS. Sitting at home in my pajamas, eating delicious food all while watching church on television. How bad could that be? In years past, when I was younger, I have to admit that I was not a fan of the biannual televised church meetings. Sitting for hours at a time, listening to a TON of speakers lost its appeal quickly for me. And most of the time, I would find myself falling asleep, and waking up during the last speaker, thankful that I could go and do something, anything else once the sessions were over.
And now, I have completely changed. Not only do I enjoy every minute of every session, but the moment that it's over, I instantly long for the next time, where I can feel uplifted and inspired. I also love the feeling of hope and happiness that I feel in listening to the words of those that know better what's happening with the current affairs of the world. My thought is if the Prophet says that there is much good in the world today, then I should continue to have faith in humanity, and focus on the positives.
I also love to spend time with family, and on occasion, some great friends from my past. This past weekend, I was able to have dinner with one of my former Mission Presidents. He was in town for Conference, and though it was great to see him and catch up on things, what happened afterwards was wonderful. The exchange opened up the flood of memories I'd had as a missionary, and had me reflecting back on that spiritual time in my life. I realized how much I have grown and changed since I went to Brazil back in 2000, and noticed with happiness how much stronger my testimony has strengthened since leaving for the MTC 12 years ago. Though I am not perfect, it is nice to occasionally see signs of growth and development that I have made in my life.
I am grateful for the choices I have made that have led me up to this time in my life. Though I could be skinnier, wealthier and more ambitious, I would not change anything in my life, especially in choosing to marry my sweet hubby, and having my beautiful baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment