Thursday, March 22, 2012

City Creek Mall Review and Movie Theme Schedule

I was planning on just sharing my movie theme idea for today's post, but I risked my life and went to the Grand Opening of the City City Mall here in downtown Salt Lake City!! It was BEAUTIFUL! Lots of great new and oldie but goodie stores, with a bunch of extra features, like splash fountains (like the one at the Gateway mall), one that's for bigger kids, and one for smaller kids which would be perfect for my toddler. The food court was huge, with tons of indoor and outdoor seating. The Cheesecake Factory is there! Isn't that enough of a selling point? I loved Tiffany & Co. with the most GORGEOUS jewelry (the most sparkly diamonds I have ever seen), and Mom, if you're reading this, they have a killer rose gold jewelry set. The only store I regret missing, was Swarovski, but I will definitely be catching that one again next week on my return visit. All in all, it was a lovely day (great weather, too) for doing some window shopping. Giada's favorite store, of course, was the Disney store, which is darling. As a matter of fact, during and after the afternoon session of General Conference on Saturday, March 31st, Mickey and Minnie Mouse will be appearing from noon to 4 at the new store, if anyone is interested. Also, I took some crappy photos of my visit to the mall, and will post them later after my husband gets home and can help me post them :)
Now, onto my Movie Theme schedule. You may be wondering what I'm talking about. Well, Rob and I love to watch all kinds of movies, but every once in a while, we hit the 'movie rut', and not one of our millions of DVDs or On Demand or neighborhood Red Box does the job for us. SO, as a challenge, and to mix things up, I came up with an entire year schedule of different types of movies that we could watch. So, though March is nearly over, I will share with you our April schedule, and see if you are up to the challenge to follow it once a week for the entire month. Rob and I have already failed in doing so for most of February and all of March. But I hope to start it up again in April. And for friends out there that would want to meet with us to do a night, let me know! It would be awesome!!!
April's Movie Schedule:
Week One: Dumbest Movie
Week Two: Documentary
Week Three: Musical
Week Four: Shakespeare

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome. We'll definitely join you for one if those! That is if you'll have us.

    ReplyDelete